Thanks for the replies about the shared-controller idea.  Got
several additional technical factors to think about now as I
continue playing with this project...I've taken note of all
suggestions received thus far and will take a day or two to consider
those things and then finish the project.

As for the legal concerns, there shouldn't be a problem.  The
repeaters consist of one 2m, and one 440 Mhz.  I can use the control
receiver input line on the controller for the 440 side (the control
receiver gets priority for all DTMF commands, over the repeater
receiver line).  At this point I don't think I'll do any additional
work to prevent DTMF control from the 2m side though...I plan to
send any DTMF commands through the 440 repeater anyway.

--- In Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com, Steve Rodgers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> I don't want this to become a flame thread but....
>
> I'm not sure I'm completely wrong about this.  A  decision by the
FCC
http://www.arrl.org/news/stories/2000/07/28/3/