Dennis, I had one of those repeater a few years back
and found out the only way to control PL or any tone
i.e. on or off was to have an external board such as
the TS32/64 running with my controller. If you need
one of those controllers drop me a line I'll send it
to you, I think I still have the TS32 or 64 board.

Unless your repeater is linked to another machine with
the controller or you like the "Beeps & Boops" of a
controller why not use the internal controller and be
done with it?

If the repeater is in anything other than COR your
repeater in the ham band would be in compliance with
Part 97.x.

Keep it simple, run CTCSS with the internal controller
and make it a talk box, it has been several years
since our repeater had a phone patch (Thank's Nextel).

Regards, barry

http://shopping.yahoo.com/backtoschool