Helipad = Heliport the last time I checked. In any case, I was not
trying to cite all the cases why you may need to light a tower. I was
pointing out that lighting is usually a legit alternative to painting.

If you're low and slow below 200', you had better be near an airport or
heliport or you're most likely in violation of FAA rules anyway. ;->

Joe M.