Hi Dan ...

  I think I answered most of your questions in an earlier message
 to you a few days ago - some of the below is from that e-mail.

  Since you chose to not call me / visit with the Micor station, I
 don't what else I can supply at this point.

  According to the information you supplied me, the Micor Station
 is not repeater material without the added shielding that comes
 with the repeater chassis as supplied by Motorola when you purchase
 it new.

"d_tucker.rm" wrote:

> My name is Dan Tucker
> Here is what I have.  I recently acquired and old Motorola Micor
> Compa Station and I have no idea what can be done with it.  I am
> very interested in learning more about it and what its
> possibilities are.
>
> Since it was free to me, I am open to just about anything but do
> want to keep it and use it some how.  Would it make a good IRLP
> Node Radio?

  In my opinion, I don't believe it would make a good ILRP station
 unless you lower the output power of the transmitter to that of
 your usual user - otherwise your station will out transmit the
 range of most of your users.

> Well, here are the specifics I can find on it.
>
> Model #C73RTB-3196E
>
> This is my understanding of what this means;
>
>   C = Compa Station Cabinet (either 30" or 41" high)
>
>   7 = 110 watts output - intermittent duty - 20% duty cycle.
>
>   3 = 132-174 MHz frequency range (however subject to the factory
>       design)
>
>   R = Micor Receiver
>
>   T = Micor Transmitter (Intermittent Duty)
>
>   B = Base station configuration - could be a repeater too ...
>       depends on how it was shipped.
>       Once again, better to see it in person.
>
>   3 = Factory CTCSS installed (you might call that PL)
>
>   1 = Narrow band (+/- 5 kHz deviation)
>
>   9 = 4 freq receive / 4 freq transmit as shipped from the factory.
>
>   6 = Tone remote control via a leased telephone line.
>
>   E = Production run series indicator
>
> Serial #201C6CO288 (This is a bit hard to read on the tag)
>
> XMTR Data CC3301
> RCVR Data  RCD-R106
>
> 115 watts (Says this on a tag inside)

  The factory rating is 110 watts - the 115 watts says what the final
 test people measured at the factory.

  The 110 watt rating is what the factory service manual states as
 the rated power.  The Motorola Manual part number is  68-81013E65
 ... go look for yourself.

  BTW, I have that manual here if you'd like to read it.

> F1 Frequency currently (154.415 transmit and receive)
>
> Tone Remote Controlled
>
> 4 Channels (not completely sure what the other 3 frequencies but
> have a guess)
>
> Other Numbers on the unit
>
> TRN6971A  Panel Assembly, PA
>
> TFD5644A  Unable to locate, a close inspection may be able to
> determine what it is.
>
> TFD6102A  Harmonic Filter 150.8 - 174 MHz
>
> TCN1223A  Unified Chassis for Base ... not a repeater
>
> TLN5892A  Chassis and hardware kit
>

> Has the following modules;
>
> Four Frequency control module
>
> Guard Tone Decoder
>
> F1 - "PL" Control Module
>
> Stn. Control Module
>
> Line Driver
>
> That's about all I know about it.  It served as our old Fire
> Department base radio ever since I have been a member of the
> Black Butte Ranch RFPD and probably well before that (Dec 1986).
>
> I am interested in all of its possibilities, but mostly, can it
> be transformed in to a 2m repeater and what might that cost?...can
> you help?

  Certainly it can be transformed into a repeater - but you will
 probably need to increase the internal shielding the base station
 configuration didn't come with.  Please note my comment - the third
 paragraph from the top.

> Dan Tucker
> W7DUX
> Node 3089 (Owner)