IF you plan to make a duplexer for two meters using 1/4 wave stubs
with standard 600Kc split forget it ! Stubs are Great for out of
band filtering but are too broad for use at 600 KC splits. I used a
1/4 wave stub to notch out a 929 MHz paging transmitter located on
the same building with my 2 meter repeater. I was able to get about
42Db of notch with a single stub.

73
AC0Y

--- In Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Ok, So you can make some kind of filters by placing a "T" in line
with a piece of equipment and cut the Coax for 1/4 wavelength at the
desired frequency.

> But What is the difference between a shorted stub and an open stub?
>
> Also does coaxial size determine bandwidth, and if so does anyone
have a chart of what cable does what?

> I am intrested in making a coaxial stub duplexer for 2 meters and
6.  My original concept is for 1 1/4" copper tubing for the outter
conductor and 1/2" copper rod for the center.

http://isp.netscape.com/register