Ditto...   Adobe Acrobat (not just the 'reader', the full program) is
kinda pricy...but you can get a slightly older version for cheap on
eBay. I'm using v.5 and can do everything you are wanting to do.
I have put several manuals together for equipment I have using
scanned manual pages and can add/modify them when I need to.

DUCK-WB5BNQ