On Monday 22 November 2004 08:09 pm, Mike WA6ILQ wrote:
> The Scom has a command that can be included in the macro
> to pause the execution - it actually freezes the entire
> controller until it times out.  Maybe the Link has
> something similar.

Nice. The Link RLC-4 doesn't have anything similar unless
it's undocumented. I read the whole manual again to be
sure.

> Is there something that you can queue up that will force
> a shorter pause?  Scom timers do not have that 2-second
> minimum, but if it did you could  have a macro send a
> message to an unused port (maybe to the autopatch while
> it is on hook), then embed a macro trigger in the message
> string.

I'll have to ask Link or other users of this controller to
see if there is any equivalent trick that could be done.
It's not possible to embed a macro trigger in a message,
and sandwiching it between two messages doesn't have the
desired effect. Messages are played in the background while
the controller does other things, so it will execute the
following command(s) while the first message is just
starting or even before it starts. I discovered that the
first day I got this controller! The only thing I've found
to really wish for in this thing so far is some sort of
"pause execution" command for short delays.

> Isn't that always the case?  Projects get pushed onto to
> the queue faster than they get popped off....

They sure do. No worries about the queue becoming empty and
boredom setting in!

> Time to get a 'round 'tuit.

Uh, I think I need several 'round 'tuits! Things have been
crazy lately. I really want to get that next collinear
finished before I end up installing it on a tower during a
blizzard (not that it would be the first time I've done
that... nor the last, I expect).

Paul  N1BUG