At 11:07 PM 11/27/2004, you wrote:

> > Hello Everyone,
> >
> > My callsign is KB4ZGO.  I would like to run an Idea of mine past the
> > group. My idea is like the TV show "Monstor garage" I would like to
> > build a large size simplex repeater. I know it can be built!

 >SNIP<

Yes, simplex repeaters both large and small can be built. The advantage of
a simplex repeater is lower parts count including no duplexer.
The  disadvantage is that it takes a little bit of getting used to hearing
your own transmissions being repeated back to you.

I recommend the NHRC controllers. Besides being well build and economical,
they will CWID your system in accordance with Part 97. Many other
controllers, including the Radio Shack unit, will not.

I run a Yahoo Group dedicated to simplex repeaters. It has about 300
members so there are others out there with similar interests.

- Rob