NW PA and have used them all.For full duplex,best results were with
folded dipole antennas.Stationmasters on VHF were always a problem.Ice?
Yeah,we get a lot on lake Erie's south shore but both types hold up well
as long as the tower doesnt collapse! 500 feet of Rohn 65G with 27 mixed
sticks and dipoles,5 Db-230's,an 8' dish with radome and an 800 meg
Bogner on top.The Rohn engineers nearly fainted when they saw it! Been
that way for 20 years though...