----------------------- Yahoo! Groups Survey ----------------------~-->
Please help us to improve Yahoo! Groups. Take the survey now!
http://v2.decipherinc.com/survey/yahoo/yah04021?list=2

w9mwq wrote:

> Wanted to find out if anyone has ever done such a operation and what
> the results were.  Here goes:  I have a two meter repeater that has
> a 440 repeater tied to it.  What I want to do is take a vhr receiver
> and a uhf transmitter going in on 2 and out on 440 from a remote
> site that will have a beam on 440 back to the repeater.  Trying to
> avoid using different PL's, and escape the expense of a Voter
> system, how would the repeater act if the user was getting into both
> the remote 2 meter receiver as well as the one tied to the
> repeater?  Would the receiver with the strongest signal override the
> weaker one, or would there just be plain havack on there.  What are
> some of the thoughts.
>
> Mathew

Depends on how your controller is setup. If 2M has priority over UHF,
then you will hear that signal. If UHF has priority, you'll hear UHF. If
they mix, (I think the LinkComm controllers can be set that way) you'll
hear both combined, which means if someone is full quieiting in to one
and noisy in the other, he'll be noisy. There may also be some weird
problems with propagation delays, since it will take the audio from the
remote rx longer to get  to the controller, and mixing the two could
give a slight echo effeect. Maybe.
In other words, make sure one has priority over the other!

--
Jim Barbour
WD8CHL