Duplex noise of the worse kind.  Repeater and duplexer are fine into a
dummy load with no desence at all.

Removing the RC-850 did bring the noise level down somewhat.  I took
Lee's advice.

The repeater is a GE MASTR-II base that I converted to full duplex.
146.64/04. Last weekend I overhaulled it replacing the cheap coax in
the reciever with RG-223 and a BNC panel mount connector to replace
the RCA plastic feed through to get as close to 100% shielding on the
RX lead as possible. RX does 1.2uV for full quieting and .45 for the
12 dB sinad just like it should.

This piece of coax that is the run between the antenna and duplexer
was absconded from a tower and it had a UHF TV transmitter connected
to it at one point in time, runnning 100 watts AMTV Continuous.  I
think the top connector wasn't wraped in tape when the antenna was
removed, so water had 3 months to soak into it.  Seems that ever since
we started using this coax, are problems started. when we moved the
repeater this past month we used the same piece of coax as well.