> Although, I seem to remember Skip's Model 80 did just fine tuning
up the
> receiver in my Hammerlund "Outercom" xcvr back in the 70's.  Or
was that the
> 60's?  Nevermind!  I learned how to tune a receiver that day, RF
anyway.
> Just learned about IF's last week.
>
> BTW, if I never said it back then, thanks Skip!
>
> td
> wb6mie

Wow another callsign from the "good old days"!  Good to see you! The
model 80 sure did drift alot, but it was a lot easier getting a weak
signal out of it than detuning my Heathkit Pawnee running into a
dummy load which was the "signal generator" it replaced.

By the way I still have the model 80 ... and the Bird 43 we bought
at the same time.  Amazingly enough I haven't had an urge to replace
the Bird!

73's Skip WB6YMH