I think you got a better deal!  The last CE-5 when for $152.50.  Oh
well.  Rule 1: stop looking after you buy or you'll just make
yourself crazy!

Fedex (ground) says my CE-5 should be here tomorrow... I doubt I'll
need a manual unless I need to fix the thing. It's pretty obvious
isn't it?  No need for a bunch of hex codes to key in for weird
modes or anything, right?

73's Skip WB6YMH
--- In Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com, Neil McKie <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

>   Uh oh ...
>
>   When you are looking for a manual, you need to pay serious
>  attention to the serial number of your instrument.
>
>   My CE-5 Manual has a note on the title page saying:
>
>   APPLICABLE TO INSTRUMENTS WITH SERIAL NUMBERS 1721 AND ABOVE
>
>    Is dated: October 1976
>
>   BTW, I got my CE-5 one day when I was visitng an old friends
>  2-way radio shop.
>
>   After a while, he asked me: "Neil, please get my tool stand out
>  of here!"  At first I didn't know what he was referring to ...
>  until he lifted his tool box.
>
>   Under it, knobs up, was the CE-5.
>
>   73,
>
>   Neil - WA6KLA
>

> wb6ymh wrote:
> >
> > --- In Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com, Neil McKie
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > wrote:
> > >
> > >   Skip ... did you get a munual with your CE-5?
> > >
> > >   The manuals are slightly different depending on the serial
> > >  number of the instrument.
> > >
> > >   Neil - WA6KLA
> >
> > No. The guy selling it has a manual, but he wasn't selling the
> > manual.
> >
> > 73's Skip WB6YMH

condition,