The frequency stability of any transmitter is only as
good as it's reference oscillator (be that a PLL or a
multiplied crystal)- dividing or multiplying the
frequency will not change that constant (in PPM). It
doesn't matter if you use a 100KHz, 1MHz, 10MHz or
100MHz reference frequency, if they are all the same
in PPM. You don't somehow get better stability by
dividing the frequency, and you don't get worse by
multiplying the frequency. It is what it is.

Joe

<http://www.repeater-builder.com/ge/lbi-library/lbi-30398n.pdf>

http://my.yahoo.com