> "N9WYS" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Well, gang.  I finally have the monster in my
> hot little hands!!  And I findit is NOT a TKR-830,
> but rather a TKR-820...  From reading the Repeater
> -Builder's web page, I see that Gene - WB0PKP has
> a TKR-820 operating on the ham band.

I have 5 of them in the ham band, they work fine for
most applications. Both with the internal repeater
controller and an external tone panel.  I just
interfaced 3 into a commercial voting systems that
works very well.

> 1) Can I use the software for the 830 to program
> this, or is there another version?

>From memory, you need the kpg-21d software if you
plan to use a pc through the required kpt-50
interface. I've never seen an after market kpt-50.
If you're local to me, I can and will reprogram
the repeater for free.

Email me off the list direct if you need one
(a kpt-50). I'm an Authorized Kenwood Dealer
and keep them in stock.

> 2) How difficult is it to get it to go to 444
> MHz?  (I need mine on 444.550)

Not hard, best done with a quality service monitor,
the service manual and by choice I also like to
use a Sinader.

> It is currently on 462.xxxx

> 3) Will be looking for manuals, etc.......

People are selling pdf on cd service manuals on
Ebay for less than my actual dealer cost.
Sometimes they are not the most current manual
versions.

Original Kenwood Hardcopy manuals run from about
$12 to $32, depending on model/size.

> Thanks all, and sorry for the confusion.
> Mark - N9WYS

I'm happy to field Kenwood LMR (Commercial Two-Way)
Questions direct (off the list).

The tkr-820 willl make a fine Amateur Repeater.

cheers
skipp

skipp025 at yahoo.com
www.radiowrench.com