Well, you should get it right. It has never been a first class
Technicians license... Or ony class TECHNICIANS LICENSE. We who had
to take the exams to get them knoww what they are/were. I still give
exams for the General Radiotelephone License (GROL)from time to
time.
They were the First Class Radiotelephone License, Or  Second Class
Radiotelephone License.
Oh By the way...Element Three which was the element required for the
Second Class license,(Element Three and Four was required for the
First)was a serious test of your knowledge of electronic theory.
73
AC0Y

--- In Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com, "kc4ih" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> --- In Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com, JOHN MACKEY
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> > Hmmm, after 20 years of ham radio, past experience in commercial
2
> way &
> > currently working as an Chief Engineer in the radio broadcast
> field and
> > possessing my Extra Amateur and GROL, I don't know what a "FCC
1st
> class
> > licensed ham" is!!!!!!
> >
> It was about 2 am here when I wrote this last night but
> If you are the Chief Engineer of a radio station then you should
> know that anyone prior to 1984 a person had to hold a first class
> FCC technicians license to work on and repair and operate a radio
or
> TV station. The 1st class and 2nd class were combined in the late
> 1980s to a general class technicians license and made a lifetime
> license, not to be confused with the technician class ham license.
> The fact that the two of us hold an extra class and the other an
> advanced class ham ticket was not explained but I assumed that it
> would be understood. That is not the problem, its the repeater
> intermod.
> This reply is the reason that I hate to post to a group such as
this.