At 05:37 PM 12/22/2004 -0500, you wrote:

>encode

<---Ok assuming you have the "standard" encoder (TLN 5731A), there is a pin
on the encode board labeled "Pin 701". This is a silver pin, sticking up
from the component side of the board. This pin, when grounded, disables
encode. Unfortunately, this function was never meant to control encode
while the transmitter was actually operating (it was normally used when the
transmitter was used for paging) and it tends to create a pretty noticeable
THUMP when you ground it, DC WISE and the transmitter is already
transmitting.

However, you can simply pull it to ground through a .1 uf cap and it will
kill encode fairly cleanly and without the THUMP

This is how I do it and I've had no complaints :-)

Ken
President and CTO - Arcom Communications
Makers of state-of-the-art repeater controllers and accessories.
http://www.ah6le.net/arcom/index.html
We now offer complete Kenwood TKR repeater packages!
AH6LE/R - IRLP Node 3000
http://www.irlp.net