At 1/2/2005 09:03 PM, you wrote:

>Kevin,
>
>Yes, it is asymmetrical.  Each of the three high-pass resonators has two
>black plastic plugs near the connector end, while the low-pass
>resonators each have one plastic plug.  A Celwave engineer told me that
>the 5085-1 is manufactured to order, and that the coupling loops are
>factory-adjusted through these ports for optimum return loss at a
>particular split, and for a certain band segment.  As a result, the
>5085-1 is not really tunable over the entire high VHF band.  I don't see
>that as a negative, since it was ordered specifically for this portable
>repeater application and is not likely to require retuning.
>
>73, Eric Lemmon WB6FLY

I'll have to take a closer look at mine (this is the one that I bought &
Kevin swept at Dayton '03).  Turns out it's asymmetrical as well (84 dB
notch on high freq., 69 dB on low).  Loss is higher on the low side as well
(1.8 vs. 1.1 dB), so tighter coupling on the low pass/high notch side makes
sense.

No need to make any changes for my application, though, since TX happens to
be the low freq.  And no that had nothing to do with which freq. was picked
to be TX for the portapeater pair in the SoCal 2M bandplan!

Bob NO6B