The radio will not be 1. used on ham frequencies, it is GMRS and the the
scanner would be used to pickup up a business band radio that is a friend of
the families on a VHF frequency I am licensed with FCC for GMRS and he is
licensed. we work together and help each other out a lot. it would just be
nice to hear him without having to put another radio in the pickup or put a
scanner in there. i thought if i would hook the scanner to the radio at the
base I would be able to listen to it. so i guess it IS POSSIBLE if peple are
getting in trouble for broadcasting public safety