> >Very well stated.
>
> Agreed.
>
> >  Our county just bought such a trailer, and they put a man
> >in charge of this unit that believes he knows everything about radio
> >communications, to the point that he argued with me for nearly an hour
when
> >he told me that our Hustler G7 antenna at our local Ambulance Service was
no
> >good becuase he checked it with a continuity checker and it showed a dead
> >short.  (This was after a lightning storm fried the radio).  As I tried
> >explained to him that it would show a short as that is the design of the
> >antenna, he became so flustard that he ended the conversation with "That
is
> >the Wrong Antenna for This Radio", VHF Radio and a High Band VHF Antenna,
50
> >Ohms, figure it out, but my Bird Watt Meter Was wrong, as well as my MFJ
> >Analyzer, yet the antenna receives and transmits just fine.
>
> Don't argue with the man.  Tell him "Yup, you're right.  Mind if I take
> that bad antenna down & throw it away for you?"
>
> ;)
>
> Bob

Gee! Silly Me, never thought of that, could of had a free antenna.  But then
we are lucky to have the Ambulance Service as it is.  Money got tight for
the county, so they cut back an ambulance.  Smart ones took the one out of
the center of the county, the heaviest populated.area.  Oh well, politics.

Mathew

Mathew