I have several PPL 6060 radios for sale, cheap..
Including one somebody converted to full duplex.

Will
KC4YBZ

In a message dated 1/7/2005 4:16:19 PM Central Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

Tracy,

You may want to look at a Johnson PPL 6060, yes a Johnson business band
radio.  I know a lot of people think Johnson did not make a good radio but
here to tell you they are pretty good.  You can find these radios on eBay
for 9 to 25 bucks so you could build up a couple extras and if run at 10
watts would last a long time.  With the right controller everything can be
mounted inside the radio making a very small light package.  With a mobile
duplexer you have a light dependable repeater loafing at 10 watts.

The normal 6060 mobile power output is 25 so at 10 it's probably close to
continuous duty.  The instructions on duplexing them is on the Repeater
Builder web site.  I have modified several, my 147.16 2 meter and 444.975
repeaters are both Johnson mobiles but are the older 530 and 559 radios.
They both have been running about 5 years with no problems.  Remove the
pilot lights and they draw very little current in standby.  I had one at
Dayton last year running on a motorcycle battery and had to charge the
battery a couple times over the 4 or 5 day period.

Paul
WB5IDM