Hello Folks,

I know it has been a while since I've posted any news of my simplex
repeater project. I have obtained 6 Motorola Mitrek transceivers with
the control cable and control head. I have plenty of channel elements
and having them recrystaled will not be an issue either. Bomar or
International Crystal will be my choices.

Now, I need help with something and I'm sure someone knows how to
solve my problem, so here is the issue. I tried to test the Mitreks
radios to see if they worked . I had the cable pins correctly placed
in the control head, each pin were numbered so I don't think I
screwed that up. I had the positive and negative wires hooked to the
power supply with plenty of voltage at 13.8volt DC.

I had the radio hooked to a dummy load in case of the radio
transmitted, Power was getting to the radio by checking the internal
power leads from the control cable. I pressed the PTT on the
microphone and nothing happend. I did noticed that no power was
getting to the control head, so I looked for a fuse nothing inside
blown. I thought that the microphone might be messed up so I don't
know it might be ?

Then a friend mentioned that I would have to fool the radio or bypass
something to make the radio appear to get 12 volts DC from the
ignition. He mentioned about heating some pins and doing something
like that on the inside to get the radio to tansmit. Anyone have any
Idea what I need to do??

Now for the other news, I have plans for the purchase of a full
duplex repeater on 440 Mhz , so don't think I am getting cold feet HI
HI.

I'm slow working on this project but at least I'm not stopping with
my plans. I should also say, I'm no the only one helping me either,
there are a few others helping , so I don't want to take all the
credit for this I'm not a glory hound.

So, if anyone has any information please let me know.
Thanks DE KB4ZGO