The C. A. P. used to use 143.90 for an input and 148.15 for an output
for their repeaters. These were their legacy frequencies from the AM days.
They used to have a repeater at Chanute Field on those frequencies and may
still for all I know. I have not been involved with the C. A. P.  for thirty
years now so they may have some other VHF frequencies by now. We used to use
some Genave units for C. A. P. and they were very broad banded.

    As far as mobile duplexers are concerned, I have built two meter mobile
repeaters from Micors with 600 kHz. splits just by using two antennas and no
duplexer. They worked just fine, especially if you bypass the last
amplifiers in the transmitter and run ten or twenty watts or so.

    If you are going to have a temporary repeater set up somewhere just
stick up two antennas and try for some vertical separation. Put the receive
antenna on top. You may have to experiment a bit with the transmit antenna
placement. Use decent coax. This probably won't work with typical ham-grade
equipment but I've had success using Micors. Mastr II's would probably work,
too.

    Plan "B" would be to forget about VHF and go to 440. Everything is
smaller there. Mobile duplexers are very common for UHF.

73,
Al, K9SI