Newbie Alert!! I'm building my first repeater and have a question
regarding wiring my NHRC-5 controller to my 2 Icom F420 radios.
Both of the radios (TX and RX) have a 9 pin D-Type connector with
the following pin outs. Pin 1 - LCD backlit cont. IN, Pin 2 - AF
OUT, Pin 3 - DET. AF OUT, PIN 4 - Mod. IN, Pin 5 - PTT control IN,
Pin 6 - Horn drive cont. OUT, Pin 7 - AF Ground, Pin 8 - Det. AF
GND, Pin 9 - Mod. GND.  These two nine pin D-Types need to be
combined to one 9 pin D-Type that goes into the NHRC-5 Controller.
OK, here is what the NHRC-5 Controller is looking for. Pin 1 -
Ground, Pin 2 - CTCSS Decode (Active High), Pin 3 - PTT (Active
Low), Pin 4 - Transmit Audio(from Controller) Pin 5 - Receiver Audio
(To Controller), Pin 6 - No Connection, Pin 7 - Ground, Pin 8 -
Ground, Pin 9 - Fan Control(Active Low). Here is what I believe the
Pinouts to be. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Going in to the NHRC-
5 controller, Pin 1 = Ground Pin 7 of the Receive Radio. Pin 2 = ?,
Pin 3 = Pin 5 of the Transmit Radio, Pin 4 = Pin 4 of the Transmit
Radio, Pin 5 = Pin 2 of the Receive Radio, Pin 6 = No Connection,
Pin 7 = Pin 2 of the Receive Radio?, Pin 8 = Pin 9 of the Transmit
Radio, Pin 9 = ?. I hope this is not too confusing but I didn't know
how else to explain it. Thanks in Advance. Paul / N1OB