Also might want to try Sunshine Scientific in Philadelphia, Pa.  They repaired our Simpson meters for us. Don't know if they still do or not though. I do have some Simpson manuals for the 260 and 269 series meters. If you can tell me what scale went south I might be able to tell you the value or might even have one. Contact me at [EMAIL PROTECTED] . Bet its the Rx1 <smile>. Look in bottom center of front panel glass to find correct series. Series, ID is very important to determine correct value of resistor I also have a couple broken meters for spare parts. There ain't nothin' like a needle (meter that is). Put Simpson Meter in Subject so I don't think its SPAM.
Gary  K2UQ