As many of you know, I've been looking for permanent
employment for a while (10+ years in computer
networks integration / administration / support).

I received this in email from a friend and I don't
think I'll be applying...

The $35 per day per diem raises the salary to over
$4300/mo or $52,000/yr...

If I was single and in my twenties... it'd be tempting...
No taxes makes the resident equivalent to over $62k per
year (assuming 20% taxes, most folks pay more).

 >Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 05:39:36 -0800
 >
 >  Looking for a new job?
 >

 >> This was being posted on other 911 related groups.
 >>

 >>> AREA SUPPORT GROUP-KUWAIT EMERGENCY SERVICES DISPATCHER
 >>>
 >>> CSA Ltd., A Department of Defense Contract in Kuwait currently has
 >>> the following position open. For more information on CSA Ltd. visit
 >>> http://www.csakuwait.com/
 >>>
 >>> POSITION TITLE: Emergency Services Dispatcher
 >>>
 >>> DEPARTMENT/BRANCH: Fire and Emergency Services/Operations
 >>>
 >>> LOCATION: Camp Arifjan, Kuwait
 >>>
 >>> SALARY: Approximately $44,000.00 (TAX FREE)
 >>> $35.00 a day Foreign Area Living Allowance (TAX FREE)
 >>>
 >>> OTHER BENEFITS: Free housing, use of car pool vehicles, 4 weeks
 >>> vacation, Free flight to Germany after 6 Months. CSA Ltd. will pay
 >>> for your flight to Kuwait. CSA Ltd. will provide you with a free
 >>> flight to your home of record after the completion of 1 year
 >>> contract. Dispatchers work an average of 8 hours of over time each
 >>> week with additional over time available from time to time.
 >>> Experience the Middle East culture. Protect Those Who Defend America.
 >>>
 >>> JOB SUMMARY: The Emergency Services Dispatcher manages requests for
 >>> services, makes independent decisions and conveys information
 >>> regarding the dispatch of emergency services to the scene of an
 >>> emergency. Prioritizes, initiates and coordinates the response of
 >>> public safety agencies; manages the flow of incident related
 >>> information to and from field units and/or public safety resources;
 >>> monitors status of field units and assigns additional resources as
 >>> requested and/or required.  Acquires information from citizens and
 >>> other entities requesting public safety services or assistance.
 >>> Establishes verbal communications with a service requester, extracts
 >>> pertinent information, and analyzes information provided by a
 >>> service requester. Assess incomplete, conflicting or inconclusive
 >>> information or data, evaluate, categorize and prioritize service
 >>> request and convey instructions, information and direction to the
 >>> service requester. Monitor status of resources and determine units
 >>> for deployment; initiate deployment of response units. Evaluate
 >>> incident information so that an appropriate response is determined
 >>> and resources allocation can be prepared. Maintain location and
 >>> status of units so that the current availability, status and safety
 >>> of all deployable resources are known. Operates computerized digital
 >>> fire alarm receiving equipment and two-way radio communications
 >>> equipment. Monitor public safety radio systems, electronic data
 >>> systems and alarm systems. Analyze, classify and summarize data for
 >>> dispatch or referral.
 >>>
 >>> EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: Requires certification or formal training in
 >>> emergency services telecommunications with the ability to obtain
 >>> Department of Defense certification. Requires two years if full time
 >>> experience in an organized emergency services communications
 >>> department, call taking and dispatching police, fire and EMS.
> [...]

(the email addresses in it are mangled as typically Yahoo does...
sorry but that's the way I got it...)

Mike WA6ILQ