Now I've gotten 13.9 volts coming out of the power supply, but as soon as I
put a load on it, the voltage drops out to nothing.  Where to next.

Mathew

-----Original Message-----
From: Jamey Wright [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, January 26, 2005 6:27 AM
To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [Repeater-Builder] Digest Number 2941

I have had few where the TIP-29 was bad.  Replaced the 723 and TIP-29 and
solved my problem

Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 18:05:45 -0800
   From: Mathew Quaife <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: RE: Transistor Checking

Well here is the funny part.  On one of the supplies, I did indeed find a
bad 3771, but before I changed it, there was still 12 volts at the lugs.  I
then took the 723 and put it in another ps, which it caused the resistor
connected to tip29 npn transistor to smoke.  So back to the first power
supply.  I replaced the bad 3771, all the rest are ok, put in a new NTE923
chip, and now no voltage at all out the lugs.  Pull the SCR from the bottom,
left it hang, and still no voltage.  Only thing left is the TIP29.  Any
thoughts.

Mathew