At 2/2/2005 06:12 AM, you wrote:
>Good morning All,
>There is a small company called Austin
>that makes a very nice Diplexer even
>comes standard with type "N"'S in a nice
>copper box. They even make it for tri-band

We bought one several years ago specifically for diplexing a VHF & UHF
system onto one antenna.  However the box was not well assembled IMO & the
loss on the 440 side was high (0.75 dB, their spec. was 0.5 dB).  I was
able to get the loss to just above 0.5 dB by drilling out the rivets,
opening the case & adjusting something on the circuit board (can't remember
just what).  This was all done on a VNA so band isolation was not
compromised.

Even after the tuning the loss would go up if the connectors were flexed
due to the flimsy case, so we ended up using a Comet duplexer
instead.  Much lower loss.

I also have an Austin triplexer that is much older.  The construction of
that unit is rock solid: well shielded & connectors don't flex at all.

Bob NO6B