Derek,

Take a look at this one. You can build your own and by choosing
components you can can handle all the power you want:
<http://home.datacomm.ch/hb9abx/duplexer.html>

and for hf-6/2/70cm:
<http://home.datacomm.ch/hb9abx/diplhf6m-vuhf.html>

The weak link will be the capacitors and you can build it with small air
variables or your choice of better components.  The components in this
home brew one are about the same you'll find in most amateur grade
diplexers these days.

As for amateur grade diplexers, I've had good results with the Comet
2/70cm unit with SO-239 connectors on my 2 meter and 70 cm repeaters. I
also had a problem with the units that had pigtails... stay away from them.

73, Tony W4ZT