Hello folks,

I'm in need of some help. I have ordered an Alinco DR-135TMKII which
has a DB9 connector on the back for packet. I saw this site
http://www.maxentropy.net/radio/amateur_radio.htm#top This person was
able to interface an NHRC 2 to the Yaesu FT1500M through the 6 pin
din plug on the back of the radio that is used for 1200 baud packet.

I would like to do the same thing except using an ALinco
Transceiver.I know I've been asked why would I use a new radio for a
simplex repeater instead of a good used rig. Well it's rather simple
I could use an older radio and interface it with the NHRC 2
controller, but I would not be able to use the micropone while it was
connect to the controller.

With the new radio installed in my truck and controller conected to
the radio I could use the radio normally and when the controller is
needed just throw the switch and BINGO! emergency repeater.

Now I should mention that I plan to use the same model controller as
was used with the Yaesu FT1500M. The NHRC 2 has a DB9 connector also
and here is the pin out for the controller.

Pin 1 ground
Pin 2 13.8 volts
Pin 3 PTT ( active low)
Pin 4 Tx audio
Pin 5 RX audio
Pin 6 CAS+
Pin 7 CAS-
Pin 8 gound/Tx audio
Pin 9 ground/RX audio

Here are the pin out for the DB9 connector on the Alinco Transceiver.
These will also be through the 1200 baud connector set up.

PINS 1,2,3,6,and 8 not connected
Pin 4 RX data
Pin 5 ground/sheild
Pin 7 PTT
Pin 9 Tx Data

So! Do you think I will be able to interface these two items together
and fuction as a simplex repeater as KE6DAX did with the Yaesu? I
hope so, because there is a need for such a device in my area in case
the local repeater is down and something is needed.

I'm also working on getting my own repeater up and running also so if
it ever goes down I'll be able to trun on the switch and BINGO!
temporary emergency repeater is active till I can get my repeater
back into full service.

I'm serious about wanting to have an emergency back up repeater and
the simplex would be the answer to a problem .

Just check out my website http://home.earthlink.net/~kb4zgo/ and take
a look at the family photo of radio on my site.

Well enough of my ramblings. Please let me know what information you
have or suggestions thanks 73 de KB4zgo  [EMAIL PROTECTED]