skipp025 wrote:

>Hustler also makes a pretty nice dual band fiberglass
>antenna, which I won't use for repeater service
>because it won't make the entire 10MHz repeater
>band... in fact it won't make 8Mhz bandwidth with
>usable SWR (reflected power - return loss). It's
>probably very nice for casual base station operation
>or a repeater frequency within its fixed ~7 - 8MHz
>bandwith.

I agree,  I have tried to use these in repeater service and they just
suck.  They won't duplex well and have a poor pattern IMHO

>I really like the 2 meter and 220 antennas, but they
>can suffer from water damage pretty fast if you don't
>pay attention to sealing them up and keeping the
>drainage port open.

Agreed, however I use large Heat Shrink Tubing used in the CATV industry
to seal the joints.  This works well, as no water ingress's.
Here is a link to the heat shrink:
<http://www.repeater-builder.com/tech-info/canusa.html>

Hope this helps...
Kevin