At 2/9/2005 04:13 PM, you wrote:
><mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>>Hello All,
>>Why would you want to use Ham grade?
>
>1, Because there are those of us that aren't made of money, and don't pay
>others to do our work....
>2, Because there are folks that have had good results using them.
>3, Because this is a hobby.
>
>Need more?  I have a few left....

Couldn't have said it better myself; thanks Kevin!

One thing I'll add is that sometimes repeater antennas aren't mounted on
top of tall towers.  I have one that's mounted to a handrail on a
building.  If the antenna does suffer damage, it's rather easy to inspect &
replace if necessary.  Even I can do that one & I won't climb onto the roof
of my house.  I agree that ruggedness & reliability are a bit more
important when considering antennas for 1000+ ft. tower installations.

Bob NO6B