There are at least two types of BpBr cavity as well.  I have
a homebrew "T1504" duplexer using four Moto BpBr cavities.
Two have the slotted 1/2 inch threads and lock nut.  The
other two have 1/2 inch mounting threads and no slots; the
threads also do not extend far enough forward from the
mounting nut to get anything else on there.  However the
1/2 inch diameter piece is tapered in front of the mounting
nut, as though perhaps some sort of nut is supposed to
screw onto the tuning rod itself to "jam" against this
tapered section?  Some of these cavities may not have come
from T1503/4 duplexers, but they are identical except for
this lock nut situation.

Paul