Hello All,
The Kenwood TKR-840 is a fine repeater. But I have noted that
most of the Hams seem to buy the Kenwood TKR-850 and they
work very well. We have a Ham who has a Maggiore
High pro at one of our tower site that is very high
RF and works well. We have a 50,000 watt FM broadcast
station, a digital TV station that I have no clue what it
puts out. 3 cell carriers, 9 trunking systems some 800
some 900 and a new 460 5 channel trunk. The Ham repeater
is in a rack right next to and in the same room as this whole
mess. It has a TX/RX duplexer and circulator. No fancy stuff just the repeater and a 1200 MHz duplex link. Seems to do just fine. The antenna is a DB-420 about 50 feet below the FM broadcast antenna.
Very Best,
Dean Westbrook, EE,PE.