I would not use a spectra as a receiver to a repeater.  I tried this and found that the spectra has an inherent bounce to the COR drop.  It makes for some pretty bad kerchunks and squelch tails at the end of transmissions.  The high power spectra's do work OK for a transmitter.  As long as you run it down at least to half power and put a good high flow fan on the PA heat sink.

T.J.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
I have a few of the trunk mount and dash mount spectra's.  I have a few 100 watt units and a few of the 45 watt versions.  I am curious about how to hook these mobiles to a Zetron Model 37 max controller to make a repeater. I am not even sure it is possible. But any help would be needed.  I have a service manual for the spectra's  but I am not the engineer.  Does anyone have a pin out for the COR and other audio pins that need to be connected to the controller. I have hooked up maxtrac's this way with no trouble.  I have just not been able to get it at all with the spectra's....  Any comments would be good and help is needed....  Thanks.....

Joe