> Bob Dengler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > It takes more than a spectrum analyzer to properly
> > tune a circulator or isolator.
>
> Yes, need a tracking gen. to go with the spectrum
> analyzer.  Personally I use a TX, wattmeter & 2nd
> isolator (already tuned to freq. of course, to
> keep the TX looking like 50 ohms while tuning the
> isolator under test).

The tracking generator is used as a review tool. Some
circu/isolators drift quite a bit with applied power.
Best to tune it up near the expected temp and operating
power as you get it into the ball part. Service monitor
cold (low signal) tuning only gets you in the area.

Multiple loads, watt meters and a service monitor
are the big players. Tune it once at lower power,
then tune it again at full power. There will be a
difference.

skipp