I'll bite.

I am not licensed for this part of the band so alot of my information
is here say.

This is a chalanging band for a repeater as the agreed upon "split" is
only 100kHz.  and it is further complicated by the fact that there are
only 4 official pairs in the FM portion of the band.

All of the repeaters I have heard of are all split site with 3 miles
minimum between RX and TX.  Usually these are assembled by using a Low
band Mastr-II and a UHF and swaping the UHFs RX and with the one in
the Low band chassis and vice versa to create a integrated link radio,
just add NHRC controllers in the MASTR-II version.

Rumors are that the "Heliplexer" will work if calculated to 10M, but
you will need 8 sections minimum and they will be approx 10-12' long.
The one commercial Low Band repeater I have seen used 2 of the approx
7 ft tall 16" dia decibal products cavitys with hybrid rings attached,
but the split was about 38MHz and 42 MHz out.

For antennas you should consider a single folded dipole for each site,
which can be easilly constructed with 1/2"or 3/4" copper water pipe.
There are some plans bouncing around of an Aluminum Angle iron version
but I don't care what your friend said, avoid Aluminum at all costs
for anything! Just, Don't do it.

CB antennas may provide decent results as well as the classic J pole.