Sent: Tuesday, March 29, 2005 9:20 AM
Subject: [Repeater-Builder] Tait T-300 series VHF Repeater - Information Required, Narrow filters inside, want to use standard diviation for Ham Use

Hi All,

I recently acquired a Tait T-300 VHF repeater unit. Looking at using it in one of our repeater installations.
Got everything working, and appeared to be putting out all the correct levels, power etc.
However, after a few days, I was advised that the audio seemed to be low on the out put.
I went up to the site and checked the audio going into the controller(RLC-3), and this seemed okay. Did not have a deviation meter, so was not able to check the output level, but by ear it sounded okay. Anyway it was still low.
Brought the modules down, and opened the modules. This is when I found out that inside the filter had the markings "21F 7.5 D H", which I worked out to be 21.4 IF, and 7.5 deviation.
I would like to know if I can somehow make it, so it can be used as one of our ham repeaters? If so, what do I have to do to make this work as needed?
And any other info that might be of help?

Regards and Thanks

Kevin. ZL1KFM.