In my quest to learn about building my first repeater, I have thought
of a potential problem.

If I wanted to set up an RF link to another repeater, how do you
overcome the potential problem of each of the repeaters ID'ing
(walking on each other) at the same time. (I could see this happening
if both repeater sites were idle at time of key-up.  (Given that most
repeaters ID in 10 minute intervels). Is there something that should
be done during construction?

Thanks.

Tony
KC5WBJ