Hi

Having worked with such patterns -the result is up to
your imagination.

The most commonly used was an omni and yagi.
EG:A 6dB omni phased with a yagior corner reflector .
This gives you a typical Butternut pattern as viewed
from the top.
This would be used in a case where a 2-stacked dipole
of 3dB gave good all round coverage but a specific
direction required additional coverage.
The c-450 uhf system used many of these types of
patterns to give the highways the best coverage
possible.
I am surprised many ham repeaters do not do the same.I
have been doing some experimentation with cross-field
coverage using the same principle.

Regards

Bradley Glen ZS5WT South Africa

http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250