The 052 was the first series of midland prom programables the syntech I.
The syntech I radios had a 1.5 meg bandspread to maybe 2 meg wide if optimised.
One of the so-cal hams dose the wide band mod and you can get the entire 50-54
meg band in the syntech I radios without degradation.
The 0520 c should be a syntech II 40-54 meg wide band radio,The syntech II
radios were made to work a wider spread, I believe a 4 or 5 meg bandspread.I do
not know the specs for the factory wide band radios. But a call to midland has
always gotten me the answers I have needed and they do have a website.

Good luck and enjoy Six Meters I have worked Texas and Montana and many places
in between on my 40 watt midland with a home made 6 meter ground plane.
bob kd6gnb

Now includes pop-up blocker!