I have no personal experience with them but have talked to people that have had good experiences with LNA technology preamps http://www.lnatechnology.com/

Just today I ordered a 160Mhz preamp from Angle Linear, www.anglelinear.com     I've read in this forum rave reviews of Chip's preamps.  Although some people here consider his UHF preamps to be great but prefer other designs for VHF.

Steve
----- Original Message -----
From: Joel Mele
Sent: Saturday, April 09, 2005 2:00 AM
Subject: [Repeater-Builder] VHF preamps

Hello To All:

Does any one have suggestions for a repeater preamp.    160 Mhz Rcv range and 153 Mhz Xmit range.

I 'd like to find a unit with about 6-9dB gain, possibly with a preselector.

I am trying to stay away from the Adance Receiver Research type that runs "wide open" with 24+ dB of gain.

Thanks...Joel W4SLH