The higher gain is associated with a GaAsFet preamp,
not a DGFet or Bipolar preamp. ARR Makes both.
Angle linear doesn't make a Phempt (GaAsFet type
device) on VHF.

For the lower gain, you can get one from both
the above sources.  Since I prefer the lower
noise, higher gain GaAsFet operation at VHF,
I have to use ARR or another source to fill the
same requirement mentioned below. (Some claim
the GaAsFet is overkill at VHF, I don't.)

If your gain requirement is less, use the other
type preamp, but also know the noise level is
quite a bit higher. Here's a quick reference
sheet.

http://www.advancedreceiver.com/page3.html

cheers,
skipp

> "Joel Mele" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hello To All:
>
> Does any one have suggestions for a repeater preamp.    160 Mhz Rcv
range and 153 Mhz Xmit range.

> I 'd like to find a unit with about 6-9dB gain, possibly with a
preselector.

> I am trying to stay away from the Adance Receiver Research type that
runs "wide open" with 24+ dB of gain.