I personally do not like LMR cable in repeater installations.  We had a lot of
trouble at work with LMR cable being used in duplexed service.  Inside the
cabinet, this may not be an issue where the cable only carries the receive or
only the transmit signal.  The problem seems to arise when you place LMR cable
in a situation where both transmit and receive signal travel simultaneously on
the same cable.  An example of this would be on the antenna side of the
duplexer.  The problem seems to be noise created by the foil rubbing against
the braid, causing noise.  The transmit signal appears to "excite" the poor
connection and create the noise.  Connectors can also be a problem on the
duplexed side.  The braid can break inside the connector and cause noise.

Many people have successful used LMR on repeater installations.  Just keep in
mind the possible problems that may occur.  I don't get too excited about
saving .01dB on a cabinet jumper, I usually use good quality RG-214 for the
jumpers.  If you are a purest, you might consider superflex for the jumpers,
but I would only get concerned with the receive line.  The important thing to
concentrate on is good connectors and proper assembly.  You can have the best
cable, only to loose a what you have saved in a poor connector.

73, Joe, K1ike

---- Dave VanHorn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
For 2M, 440, and 902..

At the moment, I'm replacing a bunch of "no name" runs with LMR-400,
because it's what I have on hand.