Actually, yes..  this may be difficult to describe..  but here goes.

We took a solid-state amplifier used for a 2.4GHz ATV repeater, and wound
copper tubing through the existing cooling fins of the heatsink material.
The copper tubing was just the correct size to make a firm "press-fit"
between the fins for the heat exchanger portion.  Then the the amp fins are
oriented horizonally with the input at the bottom.  The resivoir was above
the amplifier.  As the glycol mix is heated it begins to rise through the
cooling fins (within the tubing) to the resivoir.  And as it cools in the
resivoir, it falls toward the input to the heat exchanger on the fin
assembly.  Nice convection driven system, not dependant on a pump (so no
current drain for battery/solar systems!!).

Originally it did have a pump, but we discovered, quite by chance, when the
pump failed...  that it wasn't needed due to the placement of the resivoir.
I would send pix, but the system was torn down a few years ago.  And we
didn't document things as we should have.  We all know how poor the
effeciency of solid state amplifiers is at these freqs...  so this thing
generated a ton of heat!!  Users would bring the repeater up and run for
hours... using the 900MHz twin/1200MHz sister systems to make a full-dux
connection.  Teaching classes...  or just putzin' around.

But using this sytem, it ran very cool to the touch.   You could probably
make it much more efficient by using on of the aftermarket oil/transmission
fluid coolers placed in a "laying flat" position with a small fan or two...
but we never found that to be necessary.  All three bands of the system were
configured identically.

Who knows...  it may work for others as well...

The most difficult part of this system, was sleeping at night knowing there
was a fluid reservoir at the top of the rack, above all that expensive
gear!!  As I said, it was in service for a number of years, and still would
be if folks hadn't lost interest in ATV in our area...

YMMV...  mike