-----Original Message-----
From: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Neil McKie
Sent: Sunday, April 24, 2005 6:17 PM
To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Repeater-Builder] TPL (toilet paper line)

  Kevin ...

  I looked at the site URL'd below ...

  The service shop bench picture near the bottom ... I remember
 those days except we didn't have the Motorola Station Monitor.  We
 used either a Gertsch FM-6 (at the GE Shop) or the Motorola
 equivalent T-1020 version of the Gertsch FM-7 - both are hetrodyne
 frequency meters.  Basic range is 20-40 MHz (Mc back then.)

  Think I still have at least one T-1020 somewhere ...

  Deviation was checked on Radio Speciality Deviation 'Scope. Seems
 I used to have two of those Dev' Scopes... but I guess they got
 'loaned out.'

  Top shelf, left to right in the picture identifiable is the early
 a Bird Model 43 Wattmeter, I have (at least) one here one here;
 Motorola Portlable test set, later years; I preferred the Motorola
 TEK-5 Series Metering Panel (I have two of them here); looks to be
 a Heathkit V7A VTVM, I have three of them here; and the Motorola
 Station Monitor.

  In regards to the Heathkit VTVM, I found I have a Heathkit V6A
 and three V7A VTVM's upstairs in the garage.  Got them all out,
 began to test them and get one going as I want a second VTVM on the
 north end of the 10' work bench for an extensive upcoming project.

  Ain't older test gear wonderful?

  Neil - WA6KLA