What is the difference in the formats?  Pilot tone?

It looks like the SEA repeater is based on two mobile radios, so the
chip I am working on should be compatible with most of their
equipment, as long as it uses the MC145158 synthesizer.

I saw a repeater on there with a dutch auction, but I believe in buy
it now, to avoid the snipers.  I also think that $200+ is a little out
of the budget for experimentation.

I should also mention that I need the ESP1000M that has the 10.275MHz
reference oscillator/oven module built in.