Probably a dumb question, but....

I just obtained a new Sinclair SRL235-2 antenna.  The
factory 'Y' junctions in the harness are enclosed in
plastic "clam shells" which were apparently filled with
some type of goo and then clamped onto the cable.  The goo
around the edges is still very... well, gooey... it's
apparently not a material that hardens after being applied.
My question is, do I need to waterproof these joints or are
they weatherproof as they are?  Since they are factory
junctions, seems like Sinclair would have waterproofed them
if they needed it???... but they don't look like something
that is all that waterproof to me.  They also look like a
bit of a challenge if they do need additional
waterproofing.  That end where two coax cables come out of
the "clam shell" would be fun trying to seal and tape.

Any info / advice?

Paul