Eric Lemmon wrote:

>The most recent instance was with a Cushcraft ARX-270 2m/440 antenna.

I tried one of these antennas first as a low profile repeater antenna,
then as a remote base antenna.  I was so disappointed with it that I
took it down and threw it in the trash.  Yes it was brand new.  That
antenna will never bother me or anyone else again.  I'm not a big fan of
Cushcraft antennas anyway, but whoever designed the ARX-270 didn't have
a clue....

Repeater Builder is currently vending a dual band antenna that works
well in duplex service.  We'll have several at Dayton, with a special
show price.
Scott and I have installed several for non critical ham repeater duty
and are very pleased with their performance so far.

Kevin