Eric, Wasn't the MX500 at one time, Motorolas Cadilac HT? Did they
have the same conector problems? We had only one in our entire Fire
dept. It seemed to have few but weard problems. That goes back 25
years.
73
AC0Y

--- In Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com, Eric Lemmon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> Al,
>
> I picked up a 12 watt APCOR unit a year ago, but have not found
the time or
> patience to repair it, let alone try to modify it.  The Coronary
Observation
> Radios act as vehicular repeaters, and operate on the UHF "Med"
channels in
> reverse- that is receive low, transmit high.  They are based upon
the MX300
> modules, and use a separate channel element for each frequency.
>
> The service manual for the 1 watt models P24ESN3150A and
P24ESN3151A is
> 6881021C05, which costs just $ 3.06- an incredible price.  The
service manual
> for the 12 watt model P44ESN3191A is 6881021C10, which costs $
35.37.

> One of the reasons the APCOR units are plentiful on the surplus
market is
> because the MX300 system is plagued with connector problems, sort
of the Edsel
> of radio designs.  The unit I have was removed from service only a
few months
> before I bought it.  What's really scary is that it was junk, but
was being
> carried on an ambulance in Huntington Beach, CA!
>
> I have read a few articles about converting the APCOR into a Ham
repeater, but
> none of them spent a lot of print space to extol its virtues.
>
> 73, Eric Lemmon WB6FLY
>
> Al Wolfe wrote:
>
> > Hi, all,
> >     One of the few Dayton acquisitions this year was a Motorola
APCOR unit.
> > Apparently it was designed for medical/EMT use and is supposed
to be able to
> > do full duplex. Does anyone have any technical info on this unit
they would
> > care to share? It looks like it might make a decent
field/temporary/portable